Terms and Conditions Waiver of Liability, and Assumption of Risk,
(updated 12 April 2023)
This agreement applies to all Ancient Ceremonies programs in which you may participate.
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
1. I hereby declare on my word of honor that the sole reason I am registering for this shamanic retreat or pilgrimage is for my personal holistic healing, cultivation of higher consciousness. and/or trans-cultural education.
2. I furthermore declare and give my word that I will not, at any time in the future, engage in any kind of competitive activity or enterprise using the programs, agendas, itineraries, knowledge, information, or human resources employed by Ancient Ceremonies.
3. I understand that a "retreat" involves seclusion and isolation from urban, social, and mechanical influences which might be distracting or disruptive and which could pose risk to my welfare, concentration, and realization of fullest benefit as well as that of others. I, therefore, agree to remain at the retreat site for the duration of the event except for outings and activities incorporated in the program agenda or for bona fide personal emergencies.
4. When attending retreats with Ancient Ceremonies, I agree to arrive to the retreat as per the time stated of the event I am attending. This is to assure a timely start of the retreat as per plan.
5. I recognize that the event for which I am enrolling provides privileged access to original program design and a unique assemblage of special people. I acknowledge that much time, physical and creative energy, and capital has been invested to create these opportunities for my edification, spiritual stimulation, holistic healing, and personal growth.
6. I therefore agree not to copy, duplicate, or plagiarize for personal aggrandizement or profit the program agendas, itineraries, instructional methods, and/or other copyrighted materials produced by Ancient Ceremonies, whether such information is presented orally, in writing, via the internet, or through facilitated activities, without the expressed written consent of Rodolfo De Angeli, dba Ancient Ceremonies Retreats & Pilgrimages.
8. I will not now or at any time in the future attempt to independently hire, solicit, or recruit any guide, teacher, instructor, shaman, curandero, interpreter, cook, contractor, subcontractor, service provider, technical specialist, aide, helper or anyone employed by or associated with Ancient Ceremonies for any personal, private, or business purpose.
9. I will not engage in romantic or sexual relationships with faculty, staff, or volunteers of Ancient Ceremonies, or with other guests while at Ancient Ceremonies Retreats & Pilgrimages. I recognize that such activity conflicts with the spirit and intention of my participation, compromises dietary preparation, and imposes an ethical dilemma in the context of the retreat focus. I recognize that such behavior may be disruptive and disturbing to the program, staff, and other participants. I understand that this provision does not apply to platonic friendships wherein exist no ulterior motives by either party.
10. I understand and agree that should I engage in clandestine, dishonest or disruptive behavior or breach this contract in any way, I can be immediately dismissed from the workshop or retreat at the sole discretion of the program facilitator, and that no refund or other compensation shall be provided.
11. Considering the heightened energetic nature of serious work with entheogenic plant medicines, the need for focused preparation and integration before and after such work, and the potential risks of ‘crossing energy’ with other practitioners who’s energy, intention and methods may not be compatible with our values, standards and experience, I hereby agree that I will not participate in similar plant healing retreats or ceremonies elsewhere or consume other entheogenic plants from 30 days before to 30 days after the Ancient Ceremonies retreat for which I am applying. This is to assure a clean holistic reset beforehand, and appropriate integration time afterward to fully realize the beneficial results of this work.
12. I understand that this contract is intended to avoid conflicts of interest, misunderstandings, gross misconduct, and hidden agendas or motives, and to preserve harmony, equity, and continuity among Ancient Ceremonies staff, employees, and recipients of its services.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
Ancient Ceremonies Retreats & Pilgrimages and its associates will, in all cases, make every professional effort to ensure the safety and welfare of its clients and deliver services as indicated in its informational literature.
However, we cannot assume responsibility or liability for discomfort, hardship, natural or human hazards, theft, or losses of any kind due to circumstances beyond our control. You agree to accept the possible discomforts, inconveniences, hazards, and risks inherent in adventure travel to primitive destinations and participate at your own risk, as indicated by your signature below.
In consideration of being accepted for the event in which I wish to participate under the auspices of Ancient Ceremonies retreats, its agents, assigns, employees, officers, licensees and successors in interests, I hereby agree to the following:
I have been informed and am aware that adventure travel can be dangerous and includes certain risks and dangers, including, but not limited to, the hazards of traveling by train, bus, automobile, van, four-wheel-drive vehicles, three wheel motokars, motorcycles, boats, canoes, horseback, on foot or by other unconventional means, injury, illness, or accident in remote places without medical facilities, dangers of wild or domestic animals, insects and arachnids, toxic plants, forces of nature, civil unrest and travel by air, bus, train, or any other conveyance, extreme weather conditions, physical exertion for which I might not be prepared, and evacuation difficulties, should I be injured or disabled.
I ACCEPT the inherent risks of the journey, retreat, or workshop, and acknowledge that the enjoyment of adventure and pursuit of knowledge and experience beyond the normal safety of home and work is in part the reason for my participation in this event.
I HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, INDEMNIFY, and AGREE NOT TO SUE Ancient Ceremonies Retreats & Pilgrimages for all or any liability to the undersigned, his/her personal representatives, heirs, assigns and next of kin, for any and all losses, damages or injuries or any claim or demand on account of injury to the person or property of the undersigned, or on account of death resulting from any cause while the undersigned is participating in the Ancient Ceremonies event.
I further agree that I will assume the risk of and release Ancient Ceremonies Retreats & Pilgrimages of all liability for any injury or mishap, including failure or inability to obtain adequate medical services or supply medical treatment, evacuation or any other emergency services on my behalf.
I EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE and AGREE that the foregoing waiver and release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by law, and that I am not relying on any oral or written representation by Ancient Ceremonies Retreats & Pilgrimages regarding safety, and that I am entering into this agreement of my own free will.
Ancient Ceremonies Retreats & Pilgrimages and its associates are not responsible under any circumstance for loss due to theft, personal injury, negligence of suppliers or service providers, or suppliers changing of itineraries.
Ancient Ceremonies Retreats & Pilgrimages and its associates are not responsible for changes in travel plans due to "Acts of God", strikes, civil strife, acts of war, or changes in common carrier schedules such as airlines, trains, buses, etc.
Moreover, in the event it becomes necessary or advisable for the comfort, safety or well-being of the travellers, or for any reason whatsoever, to alter the itinerary or arrangements, such alterations may be made without penalty to the program operators. Transportation services may be furnished by independent contractors who are not agents or employees of Ancient Ceremonies Retreats & Pilgrimages.
I accept responsibility for evaluating my fitness for this retreat, journey and associated work, and I shall bear any additional expense should I be physically unable to participate in any or all portions. I am aware that no special considerations can be made for a medical condition or physical handicaps.
I hereby confirm that I have been informed of the possible risks of ingesting traditional plant medicines and preparations, and that my responses to questions concerning my medication, drug, and health history are complete, true and accurate.
I hereby declare that I will strictly follow any and all instructions I am given regarding suspension of said medications, drugs, or supplements prior to my participation in the programs of Ancient Ceremonies Retreats & Pilgrimages.
We reserve the right to modify accommodations, itineraries, and services as dictated or required by circumstances beyond our control.
I understand that standard lodging for retreats at Ancient Ceremonies Retreats & Pilgrimages is double occupancy. A limited number of single rooms are available on a first-registered basis at no added cost.
All meals, drinks, purified drinking water, and snacks at Ancient Ceremonies are included in the registration. Restaurant meals and bottled drinks are not included.
I agree that I will abstain from consumption of alcoholic beverages, illicit drugs, or pharmaceutical drugs during my participation in programs conducted by Ancient Ceremonies unless specifically approved by the facilitator. I understand that violation of this provision may be grounds for expulsion from the retreat.
I understand that I am responsible for my own travel insurance, including but not limited to coverage of illness, accident, medical evacuation, liability, and theft of personal property.
I agree that Ancient Ceremonies is not under any circumstances liable or responsible for the theft of money or personal property.
REFUND POLICY AND TERMS
I understand and agree that a non-refundable/non-transferable deposit of USD$500.00 (for Peruvian retreats) is required for each event I will attend within 7 days of acceptance to reserve my retreat space(s) with Ancient Ceremonies. This deposit is not refundable or transferable under any circumstance.
I understand that my space is reserved when my registration deposit or full payment is received by Ancient Ceremonies, and that acceptance of my application does not guarantee my space until payment is received.
I understand and agree that the full balance of registration payment is due thirty-five days (for non Australian retreats) and fourteen days (for Australian retreats) before the starting date for the Ancient Ceremonies events for which I am registering.
I understand and agree that there are no refunds or rain checks for balance of registration payment for cancellations received less than 35 days before the starting date (for Peruvian, EU and U.S. retreats), and 10 days before starting any AUS retreats.
I understand and agree that in case of any cancellations due to Covid restrictions the full balance will be transferred to a future date and is not refundable and price increases (if any) will need to be transferred before participating in a future retreat.
I understand and agree that there are no discounts or refunds for late arrival or early departure from the scheduled events for which I am registering, regardless of the reason.
I understand and agree that my registration deposit and payment apply only to my personal enrolment in Ancient Ceremonies events and are not transferable to another person.
I FURTHER AGREE that my failure to adhere to rules of participation established in this contract or verbally by the program leader or any representative of Ancient Ceremonies may result in my expulsion from the program.
If I am asked to leave, or do so of my own accord, then I understand and agree that NO MONEY shall be refunded to me by Ancient Ceremonies and I will have no claim against Ancient Ceremonies or the facilitator.
Ancient Ceremonies agrees to refund in full all registration payments should we have to cancel your scheduled retreat.
By submitting the application screening questionnaire I give my word of honor that all responses are true and accurate and I have not mislead the reviewers about my intention, health condition or medication status by misstatement or omis- sion.
I agree to follow any and all instructions regarding health and medication safety issues provided to me by the maestros and facilitators of Ancient Ceremonies.
I agree to accept and abide by all terms and stipulations set forth in this Terms of Participation Agreement.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Acceptance of your application is contingent upon your signed agreement to abide by the terms of participation and release Ancient Ceremonies Retreats & Pilgrimages and Rodolfo De Angeli from any liability for any result or consequence of your participation in events or activities, whether scheduled or unscheduled, regardless of circumstance.
I accept and assume sole responsibility for any consequences resulting from my voluntary consumption or use of natural foods, plants, or plant medicines in the course of the workshop retreat for which I am enrolling.
I hereby RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, WAIVE, and agree NOT TO SUE Ancient Ceremonies Retreats & Pilgrimages for any liability relating to my participation in said retreats.
I have carefully read, understand and do agree on my word of honor to all terms and conditions of my participation in the events described in this document, including the Terms of Participation, Waiver of Liability and Assumption of Risk, Refund Policy and Terms, and Acceptance of Terms.
I understand and agree that this document is binding from the moment I receive it and accept a space in the events for which I am registering.
I fully understand the contents of this document and acknowledge that by clicking "Reserve My Spot" and payment is made, I give my word of honor that I will abide by all the provisions stated herein.
Confidentiality Notice: This document is strictly confidential and intended only for the use of the person or persons to whom it is sent. You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this document, including posting on any website, forum, discussion group or other public vehicle is protected by international copyright laws and is strictly prohibited.
You will only be allowed to attend any of the Ancient Ceremonies Retreats or private sessions after clicking the box on the page that will be used to reserve your spot. The ticking of the box acknowledges that you have read the above and the "Health & Dietary Requirements."